Thursday 3 May 2012

Portfolio layout


The content page took quite a long time to get how I wanted it because of the images I wanted to use. I tried moving them around with text to find what worked the best. 
I decided not to have page numbers to keep it simple I just had project section numbers. 

Here is my final content page layout: 


I put a brief description of what would be in the portfolio on the content just to give people a clear idea of what to expect before they look at my work. 




The website development pages was tricky to design layout wise. I didn't want to have page after page of screen shots, so I decided to do an interactive slide show so you could flick through the pages. However this could only be exported as an SWF file. So for my PDF version I used the same layout but only showed 2 main screen shots, and six smaller screen shots down the sides of the pages.


I realize lots of text is used throughout the portfolio, I just felt some projects needed to be explained to the viewer more then others to give a clear idea of what I did to develop it. This is why for each project title page I had a section of text explaining about the project. This doesn't look as creative as I would of liked, however after trying many different layouts I decided this was the best way to do it.


The main problem with this page was fitting all the text and images and title on one page, 
I tried different ways in which they would all fit together in order but settled for the simplicity - here is my final layout design for this page: 



I tried various colors for the texts and backgrounds but found that purple, yellow, white and grey was the color scheme that worked the best, and suited my work the most. 


I did like other color themes, however I still felt the one I settled on worked the best with my projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment